[mythtv-users] MythArchive: One Question, One Problem

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Sun May 28 21:52:24 UTC 2006

Daniel A. Segel wrote:
> Question: How do I clear the items in the "Select Archive Items" screen?
> I have several entries in there from previous attempts at making an iso,
> and even though I deselect them in the Find Files to Archive->Select
> Recordings screen, they still show up in the Select Archive Items
> screen. I can't seem to get rid of them.

Press M/Menu on the Select Archive Items screen and select Remove Item.
That will remove the item that is currently selected.
> Problem: I have an older recording, from when the files were named .nuv
> instead of .mpg. It has a cutlist, verified either by going into edit
> mode or by looking at the database, but MythArchive doesn't recognize
> it. It says it doesn't have a cutlist when I'm in the Select Recordings
> screen, and Select Archive Items it says "No cutlist available". Is this
> correctable?
>
> Daniel

As far as I know MythArchive uses the same method to detect if a cut
list is available as the frontend does. It uses the flag in the
ProgramInfo class. I did fix a bug where mytharchive wasn't seeing that
a new cut list was available after an item had been added to the archive
list so if you are not using the current svn updating may fix it. If
not, assuming the .nuv is an mpeg file, you could try running
mythtranscode on the file manually to remove the cut list and then add
the resulting file as a regular file to mytharchive.

Paul H.