[mythtv-users] ivtv 0.4.1 and later - input numbering for Tuner

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat May 27 17:24:04 UTC 2006

On 27/05/06, MIlos Prudek <prudek at bvx.cz> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I got Hauppauge PVR-150 and have a nicely working myth. Until I upgraded
> from ivtv-0.4.0 to ivtv-0.4.5. Now I only see static.
>

> This may be related to the change in ivtv 0.4.1, "Input numbering for
> PVR150/500 cards have changed". The trouble is that no matter what I do in
> mythtv-setup, it always says that "Tuner 1" is set to start on a nonexistent
> channel, channel 3 at the end of mythtv-setup.
>

> mythfrontend can be launched, old shows can be played, but Live TV shows
> static for 2 seconds and then it locks up.
>

> Despite the fact that I changed the setup from "Tuner 1" to "Tuner", "Tuner
> 1" seems to linger somewhere in the mysql mythconverg database. Could
> someone with knowledge of mythconverg structure tell me in which table are
> these values stored? I browsed the tables but cannot find it.

Milos,

In the mythconverg database. the table 'capturecard' has entries for
all cards defined in MythTV. There is a field called 'defaultinput'
which holds the value of the card's default input (yours should be
Tuner for your PVR-150).

The table 'cardinput' holds entries for all inputs for all cards (i.e.
for your PVR-150 there may be Tuner and Composite 0 for example). The
entry that corresponds to your Tuner needs to match that defined in
capturecard as the default input. A field 'startchan' in the
'cardinput' table stores the starting channel for each input.

You can check these two tables to make sure they agree to your ivtv
and channel configurations. It may be easier though to enter
mythtv-setup and delete your capture cards (leave channels and sources
alone) and then re-add the card. The correct settings should then be
in the database from the start.

HTH,
Nick
--