[mythtv-users] Meaningful file names

Ivan Kowalenko ivan.kowalenko at gmail.com
Fri May 26 21:06:56 UTC 2006

On May 26, 2006, at 13.18, Lasse Knudsen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Im just accessing my recordings with mythtv via a file share from
> an xbox, so i was wondering if there is a possibility to have
> mythtv save the files with a more meaningful name? alternatively
> transcode to divx/xvid with a human readable name and then delete
> the old.

Why don't you just use MythTV in a Xebian disk image? There are
versions available for 0.18.1 and 0.19-fixes. I could even try to
send you the 0.19-fixes one. I think I have the 0.18.1 image floating
around somewhere. You'd just need a cross-over cable so you can SSH
in and change the IP address and the hostname for your Myth system.

Or, if you'd rather not part with XBMC (and I can totally understand
why! Such a sweet app), you could just get the MythTVXBMC Python
scripts, so you can have MythTV-ish access to your recordings, even
with completely functional commercial skip!