[mythtv-users] Channel does not change

Jogchum Reitsma j.reitsma at hccnet.nl
Fri May 26 12:02:44 UTC 2006

Michael T. Dean schreef:

>On 05/25/2006 02:48 PM, Jogchum Reitsma wrote:
>

>>Michael T. Dean schreef:
>>

>>>On 05/25/2006 12:48 PM, Jogchum Reitsma wrote:
>>>

>>> < ... >
>>
>OSD is "On-Screen Display".  When you hit the channel up/down button in
>browse mode, you get a "popup" (on most themes at the bottom of the
>screen) that shows what's on the next channel (or the next program on
>the same channel when using left/right keys).
>
>However, based on your response, it sounds like this isn't the issue.
>I'm now assuming that by "the name of the station of that channel is
>shown on the screen" you're talking about the channel number appearing
>(probably in the upper left corner of the screen)--as if it had changed
>channel.
>
>Based on your log entries (in the other message you sent), it looks like
>you haven't properly associated your video source(s) with your
>input(s).  Check the inputs in mythtv-setup.
>
>Mike

Hi,

I have checked the settings in mythtv-setup:

- all channels are connected to the videosource I named "Kabelaansluiting";
- input connections: [MPEG : /dev/video0] (Tuner) -> Kabelaansluiting;
  Btw: I left the "External command to change channel" empty since I guessed
  that the Hauppauge 150 is not to be considered as an external tuner;
- capture cards:
                 card type is Hardware MPEG2 TV card (PVR-x50, PVT 500)
                 video device is /dev/video0
                 default input: Tuner

So far I fail to see what's wrong here.

The next lines from the "mythbackend -v channel" output sound somewhate
suspicious to me though:

2006-05-26 13:43:39.446 Channel(/dev/video0)::SetChannelByString(5)
2006-05-26 13:43:39.454 Channel::GetCurrentChannelNum(): Failed to find
Channel ''

This is from the initial messages after starting the backend; the
channel to start with is indeed channel 5.
Why is the channel number not seen within the quote on the end of the
second message?
Could it be that this is where we see the trouble? And if yes, where
does it go wrong?

Thanks for the help!

regards, Jogchum