[mythtv-users] mini-itx core-duo frontend for HD content

Jacob Sheck shec0002 at gmail.com
Thu May 25 15:17:06 UTC 2006

I have a HD3000 capturing all kinds of content on my backend server.  I have
been able to tweak my P4 2.53 533FSB to almost play HD content smoothly.  I
am now trying to come up with the most cost effective way to play HD content
smoothly, with spdif and YPbPr connections.  I love my via M10000 runing
linpvr, but the CLE266 just doesn't cut it.  Can anyone confirm or deny that
the core duo can play back; smoothly Full HD 1080i recordings?  The guys
over at logic supply have an interesting board, that I think would be a good
solution if I can get the play back going.
http://www.logicsupply.com/product_info.php/products_id/552.  If I am totaly
out in left field here, I would love suggestions on the cheapest way to play
hd content smoothly, the only other option I see now, would be a pentium 4
630, or a pentium d something.

TIA
Jacob Sheck