[mythtv-users] no audio PVR-500

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu May 25 15:02:59 UTC 2006

On 25/05/06, Greg Woods <greg at gregandeva.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-05-21 at 12:18 -0600, Greg Woods wrote:
>

> > I have ordered a new card already (I've got a place I can use it if the
> > current one turns out not to be bad). Once I have the new one, I will
> > know if the current one is bad or not.
>
> I tested the card in another machine. It works fine. I tried deleting
> and re-adding all the capture card settings (for about the third time).
> I went ahead and updated the kernel and ivtv kmdl's to the latest
> version. No help. I officially give up on my Myth machine. I am just
> never going to be able to make this work again. I have been fighting
> with the "no sound on recordings" problem for two weeks without success.
> The only thing I have been able to make work (the PVR-500) now no longer
> works. I haven't been able to make my HD3000 card work. I can't get
> firewire to work. I can't get HD display working on my TV. I'm just up
> against the brick wall at every turn, and I give up.

Greg,

I just took a look at your ivtv log, and noticed the following:

cx25840 1-0044: unable to open firmware v4l-cx25840.fw
cx25840 2-0044: unable to open firmware v4l-cx25840.fw

It is possible that your atrpms update did not pull in the extra audio
firmware for the PVR-500 cards (it's also required for the PVR-150,
but not the 250/350).

Run the following as root:

# rpm -qa |grep "ivtv-firmware-audio"

If it isn't there, run (again as root)

# yum install ivtv-firmware-audio

Apart from a bad board, this is a highly likely culprit taking into
account the log info. The firmware normally lives in /lib/modules, but
installing it should do this for you.

Let us know how it goes, we all feel your pain

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/