[mythtv-users] Recordings not deleting...

Niels Dybdahl Niels at Dybdahl.dk
Thu May 25 08:21:56 UTC 2006

On 5/25/06, Niels Dybdahl <Niels at dybdahl.dk> wrote:

> On 5/25/06, yan seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:
>
> > Michael T. Dean wrote:
> > >To clear up some space, you could select a couple of files to delete
> > and
> > >use:
> > >
> > >cp /dev/null
> > >/data/seiner/mythtv/recordings/1009_20060514230000_20060514233500.nuv
> > >
> > >to make the file 0 bytes.  I recommend just selecting a couple of the
> > >show names that it tried to expire--look for "expire" (not case
> > >sensitive) in the log.
> > >
> > [root at tooth mythtv]# grep -i expire mythbackend.log.1
> > [root at tooth mythtv]#
>

> I have experienced twice that the autoexpirer stopped working without
> explanation.
> Once was on my own system running 0.16 and the second was my parents
> system running 0.17. Since upgrade to 0.18.1 and 0.19 I have not seen that
> problem anymore.
>
> I too searched the backend log for anything regarding autoexpiring but did
> not find anything. Are you running 0.18 or 0.18.1 ?

BTW 0.19 has a nice list of which recordings it will autoexpire first and it
seems to me that the backend log for 0.19 has additional information about
autoexpiring: How much space it is going to need etc. So maybe you should
consider upgrading to 0.19.

Niels Dybdahl

Niels Dybdahl