[mythtv-users] Couple of issues in Myth TOT.

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Thu May 25 02:51:29 UTC 2006

Eric Weiss wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm not sure if this list of mythtv-dev would be more appropriate to
> ask question about running mythtv out of ToT, but I'll try here and
> apologize in advance if I'm wrong.
> 1) There is this crossfade effect that happens transitioning between
> top-level menu sets (ie the main menu, and all of the submenus you can
> get to from there.  The effect is quite pretty, but happens incredibly
> slowly.  Like, it takes about 15 seconds to completely fade the menu
> menu into the Media Library section.  Same is true for all of the
> others.  This happens with all of the themes we've tried.  This makes
> browsing the UI anything but smooth, which is a shame.  Is this a
> known issue?  The rest of the interface is quite smooth and we didn't
> see this in .19, so I doubt this is a "hardware too slow" issue.

This is the ThemePainter otion. If your video card doesn't support
OpenGL, then it will be very slow, as you've seen. The fix is to change
to the qt painter. You can do it via command line:
mythfrontend -O *ThemePainter*=qt
or under the Setup | Appearance screen, Paint Engine. Or you can modify
the database directly.
> 2) There are a number of areas where cursor nav/clicking is not yet
> supported.  Specifically, it would be really great for such support to
> exist in the TV Guide, since it is a nice big grid, and selecting an
> arbitrary location is a big part of what out input device attempts to
> make easy.  Is support for selecting a listing from the guide going to
> exist any time soon?
Can't help with that one...

Tom