[mythtv-users] transport stream tools, possibly including ProjectX

Robin Neatherway robthebob at gmail.com
Wed May 24 20:47:45 UTC 2006

On 5/24/06, Nick Craig-Wood <nick at craig-wood.com> wrote:
> I'm currently using version 0.90.3 - maybe you could try that?

I've decided it's not an enormous problem as I can manually select the
IDs and I can work them out reliably using mplayer and a bit of text
processing.

> What about different recordings - do they have that problem too?

Yes it's strange all my recordings seem to have this problem.

> You'll see in the GUI that PX can output loads of different subtitle
> formats - there is hopefully one you can use!

I've tried selecting a different format (sub) but this doesn't seem to
have any effect. Could you try on one of your recording please and let
me know if it works.

> I've managed a test DVB->DVD with subtitles using pxsup2dast.c from
>
>   http://www.guru-group.fi/~too/sw/m2vmp2cut/

I've tried this program as well, the thing is that I want to get the
subtitles into a matroska or other standard video container. I
therefore need them as text or vobsub, and the only way I can find of
getting vobsub titles is by ripping them from a DVD. Should I author a
DVD with subtitles as you describe, except with dummy audio and video
and then rip vobsub out of that?

Robin