[mythtv-users] transport stream tools, possibly including ProjectX

Robin Neatherway robthebob at gmail.com
Wed May 24 13:34:42 UTC 2006

> Just to show you it did arrive.
>
> By default you don't get your own messages sent back to you.
>
> As regards your question, running a lossless transcode within myth
> seems to help give me some consistency when trying to play myth
> captured dvb files on other media players, and don't VLC and mplayer
> both print out PID information when they start running?

My bad, thanks. I looked on gossamer-threads but missed it.

mplayer can give some useful information after further attempts:
mplayer -v topgear.mpg -novideo -nosound -frames 0 2>&1 | grep
PARSE_PMT | sort | uniq

> When I demux stuff from UK DVB with ProjectX I get these files
>
>   my_recording.m2v
>   my_recording.mp2
>   my_recording[1].mp2
>   my_recording_log.txt
>   my_recording.sup.IFO
>   my_recording.sup
>
> Which correspond to your pids.
>
> I haven't made ProjectX crash for ages and ages - are you using the
> latest version?  With the sun jvm?

Under windows, I'm using the 0.90.4.00 compiled from source myself and
it crashes unless I specifically select PIDs 0x258,0x259 and 0x25b
only (incidentally I cannot see how to do this within the GUI, the
PES(&Sub)-ID/PID list on the right is empty and I cannot move anything
into the box). This is with the 1.5 Sun JVM on XP x64. Under Linux,
with the 1.4 Blackdown JVM I get the same result:

--> MPEG Audio (0xC0) on PID 0x25A
<snip>
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1 at
net.sourceforge.dvb.projectx.audio.AudioFormatMPA.decodeAncillaryData(AudioFormatMPA.java:572)
...stack trace...

What guide do you use for running ProjectX (particularly from the
command line)? I find the help spectacularly uninformative. Do you
know any way of converting this .sup file to vobsub for example so I
can mux it into a matroska container?

Thanks,
Robin