[mythtv-users] Transcoding and DVB Closed Captioning

Niels Dybdahl Niels at Dybdahl.dk
Tue May 23 16:09:22 UTC 2006

> Have you had a look at spumux which is part of dvdauthor? It can create
> the subtitle stream needed when creating a DVD. It can use both text
> based subtitles as well as image based. I'd love to add subtitle support
> to MythArchive but there is quite a lot of work involved in getting that
> to work and isn't something I need myself so isn't a high priority. If
> someone wants to take a look I may be able to provide some assistance.
> The difficult bit is getting the subtitles into a form that can be used
> by spumux.
> http://dvdauthor.sourceforge.net/doc/spumux.html

Thanks for the tip. I have looked at it and done some surfing.
There are existing scripts like:

  http://www.guru-group.fi/~too/sw/m2vmp2cut/pxsup2dast.py

which can create an xml file for dvdauthor from a .sup file (subtitles
stream file) created by ProjectX. So it seems straightforward to build this
into MythBurn.
I have read from other sources that there might be problems with the colors
of the subtitles, but that can be handled by editing the associated .ifo
file.

Best regards
Niels Dybdahl