[mythtv-users] Chwnnel selection mechanism

Alan Secker alan at asandco.co.uk
Tue May 23 12:54:01 UTC 2006

last year using MythTV-0.18.1 and xmltv-0.5.40 I had no problems but
Mythtv-0.19 is not behaving as expected. Firstly I'm using tv_rt_uk_rt.
I am only selecting five terrestrial stations receivable in London, yet
both set-up and the station select by up and down navigation keys
displays about fifty. There appears to be a delete channels option in
set-up  but it doesn't appear to do anything.

The station names appearing in the  programme guide appear
to be centred, with bits chopped off at both left and right. Can this be
changed?

Finally, am I handling the Mythfilldatabase arguments correctly? From
the command line I do:
# Mythfilldatabase --quiet --no-delete --file 1 0 /tmp/rt.xml
In the arguments field I entering:
--quiet --no-delete --file 1 0 /tmp/rt.xml

TIA