[mythtv-users] XvMC not loaded

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon May 22 23:18:50 UTC 2006

On 5/22/06, Allan Wilson <allanwilson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/22/06, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
>  On 5/22/06, Allan Wilson <allanwilson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 5/22/06, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  > On 5/22/06, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> my
> > > >
> <snip>
> > >
> > > what happens if you disable the
> > > Option         "NVAGP" "1"
> > > line?
> > >
> > > also, what are your COMPOSITE and Render settings in your Xorg (or are
> > > they not there?)
> >
> > On 5/22/06, Allan Wilson < allanwilson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I don't have anything about composite or Render in there. I don't know
> if
> > > need them or not, currently I am using the DVI port out to a HDMI
> > connection
> > > if that means anything. I added the NVAGP line from reading the wiki
> that
> > > says it might help the stutter problem that I am having. By the way you
> > have
> >
> > Try disabling it, you shouldn't need it, the drivers should find the
> > "best" method and go with it. Also, what do you see for wa% in top?
> > I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps your issue is due to mythfrontend
> > not getting the data fast enough? What I still can't quite figure out
> > is why Live HD works but recorded doesn't.... Have you checked your DB
> > for errors? Try transcoding the HD recording without any cutpoints (or
> > go ahead and cut out commercials and do it), perhaps there are errors
> > in the recorded files transcoding may find.
> >
> > > constantly been helping me with my problems I was just curious how long
> > have
> > > you been using Myth and what kind of setup do you have? Thanks for all
> the
> > > help
> >
> > Since last October,
> > http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/User:Steveadeff
> >
> >  I have been wondering about the speed of my drives. They are SATA of a
> > couple different sizes using lvm but what got me was it ran fine using
> xine
> > to play the media file. If xine can run it then it means that the drives
> are
> > fast enough and the integrety of the file is good( I ran it using the .nuv
> > file in my tv directory) or am I leaving something out. Where do I check
> the
> > database for errors, I really haven't done much looking around in there.
>
> optimize_mythdb.pl
>
> I'm beginning to run out of ideas =D
>
> --
> Steve
> Before you ask, read the FAQ!
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions
> then search the Wiki, and this list,
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/
>
> I'll take a look at the database and see if I see anything. So you can watch
> recorded hidef shows inside of Myth with no problem? No skipping, audo off
> [...]

yea, and putting together a dedicated backend made it even better.
Though for some reason I think my ethernet connection between the two
is only running at 10bT, I can't seem to stream an mpeg file and copy
large files between the two at the same time, which causes hiccups...

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!