[mythtv-users] playback configuration

Jesse Guardiani jesse at guardiani.us
Mon May 22 21:12:19 UTC 2006

John Bell wrote:
> Hi, I have a couple questions about playback configuration
>
> 1) I need both ATSC and NTSC reception. I have heard that these are
> treated as separate inputs in MythTV. Is it possible to set it up so I
> can surf between ATSC and NTSC channels seamlessly without having the
> manually switch inputs?

I don't think so. I have ATSC and NTSC, and I have mapped the "blue"
button at the bottom of
my remote to the 'Y' button. It's not seemless, but it works ok.

> 2) Is it possible to watch TV with no sound and listen to music at the
> same time?

Not unless you have 2 frontends in the same room.
You might be able to do this if you lauch your music from else where,
like a web interface or something.

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin