[mythtv-users] DVTSM Error

Mike Richardson doctor at mcc.ac.uk
Mon May 22 17:47:04 UTC 2006

On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 02:21:13PM +0100, David Watkins wrote:
> On 22/05/06, Mike Richardson <doctor at mcc.ac.uk> wrote:
> > Hiya,
> >
> > I spotted that mythtv failed to record a couple of programs last week.
> >
> > These are the errors:
> >
> > 2006-05-19 22:00:02.925 Started recording: The West Wing "Internal
> > Displacement": channel 1002 on c
> > ardid 1, sourceid 1
> > 2006-05-19 22:00:02.935 scheduler: Last message repeated 1 times
> > 2006-05-19 22:00:02.943 scheduler: Started recording
> > 2006-05-19 22:00:03.470 DTVSM(0) Error: We want 0 audio and 1 video streams
> >                        But have 0 audio and 0 video streams
>

> <SNIP>
>
> > Any ideas?
>
> Not sure how likely this is for you but I got this error when I ended
> up with two different channels allocated to the same channel number.
> I believe that this happened as a new dvb-t channel was detected and
> added to my channel database.  I had previously been fiddling with
> channel numbers and probably changed one of my existing channels onto
> what seemed was a spare channel number.  When the new channel appeared
> on that number, then the system quietly broke.  It took me a while to
> notice because I don't record from either of those channels much and,
> although Live TV also broke, I don't use that much either.

I don't seem to have any duplicate channels but it might be consistent to a
particular tv station: More4+1. I've got some other, not very important,
stuff to record from there tonight so I'll see what happens.

Thanks.

Mike

--
Mike Richardson
Networks
Email: doctor at mcc.ac.uk
*Plain text only please - attachments stripped on arrival*