[mythtv-users] Non-transcoded DVD rip with menu?

Ioldanach Dyfrgi ioldanach at gmail.com
Mon May 22 16:50:04 UTC 2006

Is it possible to configure the rip such that the entire DVD is
ripped, decss'd, and stored for playback with full menu & features?
There are cases where I'd like to make the DVD available for playback
later without having to reinsert the DVD. That is to say, once the DVD
is played once, it should remain on the hard drive and I can store the
source media in a secure location such that kids & environmental
factors won't cause damage, until such time as I need to delete the
rip or experience catastrophic failure of the MythTV hard drives. With
hard drives getting relatively cheap, I can see a time in the not too
distant future where all of my 200 or so movies will fit on a single
raid array (today I could pay $1000 for 4 500GB SATA drives and rip
all 200 of my DVD's in a non-transcoded form).