[mythtv-users] No On Screen Display (OSD)

Greg Ferreri gferreri at gmail.com
Mon May 22 16:20:17 UTC 2006

I had this exact same problem, which I just fixed over the weekend.  I'm not
100% sure what the underlying problem was, but I took two steps to solve it:

1. I upgraded my nVidia driver to the latest version from the nVidia
website.
2. I rebuilt my mythtv installation making sure to enable XvMC when running
./configure

After taking these steps I noticed that the OSD came back to life.  YMMV,
but I would check these two areas.

Greg