[mythtv-users] Close captioning end to end

Andrew Robinson awrobinson-ml at nc.rr.com
Mon May 22 15:33:49 UTC 2006

When I first conceived the question, I thought it was going to be
simple. Can I capture close captioning with MythTV?

A bit more thought showed that the question was more complex. I want to
preserve close captioning thought this process:

1. Video capture with a Hauppauge PVR 250 and MythTV.
2. Remuxing the video with tcextract and mplex (dvdauthor doesn't seem
to like the "raw" mpeg2 files.)
3. Converting the video to DVD with dvdauthor.

Anyone know if I can preserve the close captioning through this process?
What steps would I need to do so?

Thanks!

Andrew Robinson