[mythtv-users] Mythweb 0.19-5 On Ubuntu I Can't Get It Working

Steven L Owens slonocode at abac.com
Sun May 21 16:52:37 UTC 2006

Ok I spent the better part of yesterday fiddling with this and I can't
seem to get mythweb working.  It's the same error that others have
written about where it shows the directory listing and clicking on
mythweb.php gives database errors.  I'll try to be thorough in
explaining what I've done and hopefully someone can help me.  I just
don't know if I would run mythtv without mythweb.

This is ubuntu breezy fresh install using the 0.19 deb packages from
hunter.ws.  and following hyam's great guide.

I added this to my /etc/apache2/apache2.conf

<Directory /var/www/mythweb>
  Options FollowSymLinks
  AllowOverride All
</Directory>

I verified the db variables in /etc/mythtv/mythweb-htaccess.conf.
I used both the plain password and the funky one that ubuntu uses(like it's hashed or something).

   setenv db_server        "correct_ip_address"
   setenv db_name          "mythconverg"
   setenv db_login         "mythtv"
   setenv db_password      "correct_password"

I made sure that the user www-data owned the data directory

   chmod -R www-data /var/www/mythweb/data
   chmod g+rw /var/www/mythweb/data

I wasn't sure I understood where I am supposed to run the following command from

cp -r . /var/www/mythweb

I'm also not sure if I know how to get mod_env and mod_rewrite enabled.
I also didn't see another place in /etc/apache2/apache2.conf to change override to all like I saw in other threads.

So can anyone help me get mythweb running?  Please!?