[mythtv-users] Samba for LiveTV?

Andy Foster fostandy at gmail.com
Sun May 21 13:38:19 UTC 2006

On 5/21/06, Steve Daniels <steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com> wrote:
> IIRC if you look at the dsmyth codecs you'll see that it allows you to
> simply click a myth: link from within windows media player and have it play.

I brought this question up some months ago
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/174442) but
thought it was worth another shot: how exactly does dsmyth make
windows media player or whatever other media player you use, recognise
the 'myth://' portion of the URI?

After installing various parts of dsmyth and other codec packs, I can
play files fine from a same share. However, I have not had any luck
getting zoomplayer, vlc, mpc, or wmp recognise or in anyway understand
myth url's to get a proper "streaming" solution to work.

How are people getting their media player of choice to recognise
myth:// as something sensical in windows?