[mythtv-users] Panic - help - scheduling hassle!

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Sun May 21 13:17:53 UTC 2006

Robin Gilks wrote:
> I've got two recording sources on from my PVR-150 - either the tuner or
> the sat box via s-video.
>
> I scheduled a recording for a channel thats on both - on the sat box as it
> happens but decided to watch another channel live and get the program
> recorded off the tuner via the UHF transmission.
>
> Can't do it - bloody thing keeps re-scheduling the sat box. Why can't it
> JFDI!! I hate programs that make decisions for me - I want to record on
> channel 994 (i.e. the tuner channel), NOT 32 for crying out loud.
>
> Whats wrong with it - is it a Windows virus?
>
> The program starts in 40 minutes...

On my system, when I have multiple options for recording a show on
multiple tuners, I can always go to the Upcoming Recordings screen on
the frontend, select the recording I don't want on the tuner I want to
avoid and press SELECT and choose "Don't record".  This will cause it to
not record on that tuner and it will instead reschedule to other
tuners.  I do this all the time to get certain shows recorded on my HD
tuner and others on SD.

Kevin