[mythtv-users] Keyboard stops working in frontend

Francesco Peeters francesco at fampeeters.com
Sun May 21 07:12:30 UTC 2006

Michael T. Dean schreef:
> On 05/19/2006 10:15 AM, Simon Kenyon wrote:
>

>>there were some changes made to tv_play.cpp about three weeks ago with a
>>comment about ignoring keystrokes under certain circumstances. but i don't
>>know this code in any detail to be able to debug this.
>>

> That should only affect playback of DVD's with the Internal player.
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/201290#201290
>
> Mike

I have seen something comparable in live tv, where only the first
keypress is recognised (most notably in the guide, BTW) and only ESC
will do anything after that. After ESC again a single keypress is
recognised.

When it is in that state you can navigate all menus, but entering data
in config screens won work either... If you alt-tab to a different app,
or ctrl-shift-Fx to a console screen all key work fine... Killing the FE
and then selecting restart seems to fix it 100% of the time, but after
an X amount of time, the behavior seems to return...

I haven't investigated it yet, so I cannot give details, because I was
busy solving more urgent issues (no mixer with the AC97 audio, screen
black on IR reception, etc.). As these all have been resolved now, I
intend on taking a better look at the keyboard issue...

Cheers!
--
Francesco