[mythtv-users] Svideo Tearing

Steve Daniels steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Sat May 20 20:18:28 UTC 2006

From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Mache Creeger
Sent: 20 May 2006 21:10
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Svideo Tearing

Tearing has nothing to do with interlacing.

Tearing occurs when the painting of pixels on one section of the screen lag
behind the painting of pixels to the rest of the screen.  In my case it
appears that on fast side to side pans, blocks of pixels at the top of the
screen noticeably lag behind the rest of the updates on screen.  It is a
slight lag, but is an annoying artifact none the less.

This only happens on svideo out and not on the CRT.

-- Mache

Aha!

I see what you mean now, thanks for the explanation :-)

Steve Daniels