[mythtv-users] MythWeb - Problem Loading Pages

Tom Dale tdmyth at yahoo.com
Sat May 20 14:57:39 UTC 2006

Chris Petersen wrote:
> > I think reinstallation may be a bit drastic.
> > It looks like Apache is missing some files or
can't access the mysql
> > database correctly.
>
> Installing mythweb is a matter of extracting a
tarball.  FAR easier
> than
> trying to figure out which files might be missing,
and thus a good
> first step.
>
> -Chris

Thank you for your suggestions.  BTW, I believe that
the possibility of
the box having been hacked is remote (and I'm usually
paranoid about
such things).  The LAN is protected by a separate
firewall running
Smoothwall.  Until we had the PGP set up, we had SSH
blocked and we're
using NAT for the web and SSH ports.  Finally, we
limit SSH to three
attempts per 2 minutes.  I'm not a security expert,
but I think we are
reasonably well protected.  If anyone wants to suggest
more security
precautions, I'd happily take the advice; however,
right now, the myth
box is dead.

Here's an update:  Last night I returned home.  Our
first step was to
reboot the system and see if that made a difference.
It did.  Now,
Mythweb serves a page of errors rather than the one I
described in my
first post  Our next step was to follow Chris'
suggestion and re-install
Mythweb (thanks for clarifying in your second post,
Chris...I thought
your first suggestion was complete reinstallation of
Myth which did
sound drastic for a first step).  We backed up the
database as described
in the MythTV HowTo, then downloaded the tarball,
installed, reloaded
the database and still had the same problems.  Next,
we decided to make
a clean install of Mythdora.  You guessed it:  same
errors.  I believe
that the problem resides in our database, such that
when we recover it,
we recover the problem with the data.  We ran
mysqlcheck to diagnose and
repair the database, but it reports all tables as okay
and repairing has
no effect.  As it stands now, we no longer see any
recordings in the
frontend and live TV does not work either.
Mythbackend runs without
complaining, but we can't access it from the frontend
or from MythWeb,
so we don't know what's wrong.  We have NOT changed
any hardware, and
this system was running for more than three weeks
(more than a year on
MythWeb:

Fatal Error at
/var/www/html/mythweb/includes/mythbackend.php, line
166:
Unexpected response to MYTH_PROTO_VERSION
'MYTH_PROTO_VERSION 26':

If you choose to submit a bug report, please make sure
to include a
brief description of what you were doing, along with
the following
backtrace as an attachment (please don't paste the
whole thing into
the ticket).
Details:

    datetime:  2006-05-20 10:18:54 (EDT)
    errornum:  1024
  error type:  User Notice
error string:  Unexpected response to
MYTH_PROTO_VERSION
'MYTH_PROTO_VERSION 26':
    filename:
/var/www/html/mythweb/includes/mythbackend.php
  error line:  166

Backtrace:

    file:
/var/www/html/mythweb/includes/mythbackend.php
    line:  166
   class:
function:  trigger_error
    type:
    args:  Array
(
    [0] => Unexpected response to MYTH_PROTO_VERSION
'MYTH_PROTO_VERSION
26':
)

    file:
/var/www/html/mythweb/includes/mythbackend.php
    line:  111
   class:
function:  check_proto_version
    type:
    args:  Array
(
    [0] => 172.16.1.200
    [1] => 6543
)

    file:
/var/www/html/mythweb/includes/mythbackend.php
    line:  93
   class:
function:  backend_command2
    type:
    args:  Array
(
    [0] => ANN Monitor mythserver 0
    [1] => Resource id #39
    [2] => 172.16.1.200
    [3] => 6543
)

    file:
/var/www/html/mythweb/includes/mythbackend.php
    line:  38
   class:
function:  backend_command
    type:
    args:  Array
(
    [0] => ANN Monitor mythserver 0
)

    file:  /var/www/html/mythweb/includes/init.php
    line:  204
   class:
function:  require_once
    type:
    args:  Array
(
    [0] =>
/var/www/html/mythweb/includes/mythbackend.php
)

    file:  /var/www/html/mythweb/mythweb.php
    line:  20
   class:
function:  require_once
    type:
    args:  Array
(
    [0] => /var/www/html/mythweb/includes/init.php
)

$_SESSION: Array
(
    [language] => English
)

$_SERVER: Array
(
    [REDIRECT_STATUS] => 200
    [HTTP_HOST] => 172.16.1.200
    [HTTP_USER_AGENT] => Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U;
Windows NT 5.0; en-US;
rv:1.8.0.3) Gecko/20060426 Firefox/1.5.0.3
    [HTTP_ACCEPT] =>
text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,image/png,*/*;q=0.5
    [HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE] => en-us,en;q=0.5
    [HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING] => gzip,deflate
    [HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET] =>
ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
    [HTTP_KEEP_ALIVE] => 300
    [HTTP_CONNECTION] => keep-alive
    [PATH] =>
/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin
    [SERVER_SIGNATURE] => <address>Apache/2.0.52
(Fedora) Server at
172.16.1.200 Port 80</address>

    [SERVER_SOFTWARE] => Apache/2.0.52 (Fedora)
    [SERVER_NAME] => 172.16.1.200
    [SERVER_ADDR] => 172.16.1.200
    [SERVER_PORT] => 80
    [REMOTE_ADDR] => 172.16.1.148
    [DOCUMENT_ROOT] => /var/www/html/mythweb
    [SERVER_ADMIN] => root at localhost
    [SCRIPT_FILENAME] =>
/var/www/html/mythweb/mythweb.php
    [REMOTE_PORT] => 1359
    [REDIRECT_URL] => /mythweb
    [GATEWAY_INTERFACE] => CGI/1.1
    [SERVER_PROTOCOL] => HTTP/1.1
    [REQUEST_METHOD] => GET
    [QUERY_STRING] =>
    [REQUEST_URI] => /mythweb
    [SCRIPT_NAME] => /mythweb.php
    [PATH_INFO] => /mythweb
    [PATH_TRANSLATED] => /var/www/html/mythweb/mythweb
    [PHP_SELF] => /mythweb.php/mythweb
    [argv] => Array ( )
    [argc] => 0
)

Any help that you can give will be greatly
appreciated.  My brother and
I were up half the night trying to figure this out and
I know his wife
probably gave him a ration of grief this morning!  :-)

Thanks!