[mythtv-users] OT - FX5200 at Frys today

Decent Guy decentguy2042 at yahoo.com
Fri May 19 22:48:00 UTC 2006

>You say a "dongle for HDTV", what type of connector(s) is(are)
>that ?? Is it actually component out ?

yes, by HDTV-out (sorry, bad terminology, but this the terminology the vendor PNY uses) i did indeed mean component output.  it's one combined dongle that has component+s-video+composite all-in-one which plugs into what-looks-like an s-video connection on the back of the video card.

yes, you're right, i ~just~ realized that 5xxx serial has the chroma-hack for fixing OSD issues and 6xxx doesn't.     But hopefully OSD related issues get fixed by 0.20 (i think there is already some fixes in the trunk), and then i won't have to worry about that.

my 6200 is indeed fanless, so no noise issues there.    my main purpose to get this card over a 5200 was to be able to connect my older sonly 36XBR450 set which doesn't have DVI nor HDMI.   this is the cheapest card i found that had component output.   (other consideration are the same 6200 but MSI version of it instead of PNY, but the PNY's dongle looks more solid).