[mythtv-users] no audio PVR-500

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Fri May 19 20:51:09 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 19:33 -0400, Berant Lemmenes wrote:
> I've currently got a similar situation with my 500, the 1st tunner seems
> to have trouble detecting the format on the audio stream and ends up muting.

What tells you that it's having trouble detecting the audio stream
format? I'd like to look for similar messages on my own system so we'll
know if we're really having similar problems or not.

> What conflicting issues did you have between ivtv provided modules and
> kernel provided modules?

I didn't have any when using AT rpms for the initial install. The
problem is that since then, my partition table was destroyed, so I had
to do a full bare metal recovery, then I did an update. Since then, I
have no sound, even if I go back to a previous kernel and previous
version of the ivtv driver.

--Greg