[mythtv-users] OT - FX5200 at Frys today

Marco Nelissen marcone at xs4all.nl
Fri May 19 15:43:23 UTC 2006

>Marco Nelissen wrote:
>>> Excuse the email, but I thought readers here might be very interested in
>>> today-only sale at Frys. I just noticed in the paper an EVGA FX5200 for
>>> $40 with a mail-in coupon for $40, for a final price of $0.
>>> As I said, it's today only while supplies last. No rainchecks. Check
>>> your local paper.
>>>
>>> Not all of you are near Fry's, but those who are looking for a good
>>> video card at a great price and are near a Fry's you might check them out.
>>>

>> Last time I checked, the card they sell at Fry's has a rather loud
>> fan on it. For living room use you'd be better off buying the fanless
>> version online.
>I have an EVGA FX5200 that I recently bought and it has no fan.

Did you buy it at Fry's though? I made the mistake of buying one at Fry's
first (also with rebate, which I never got), which turned out to be too
loud. Then I ordered the fanless one from newegg.

>However, if I get my magnifying glass out and look at the picture in the
>ad, it looks like it has a fan. But, I don't know how loud it is from
>the picture ;-)
>
>Hey, but it's $0

*if* you actually get the rebate...
BTW, you can see SF Bay Area Fry's ads online every day at
http://newspaperads.mercurynews.com
Saves you a trip to Fry's to see what's on sale if you don't get the
newspaper. (I don't know if these same ads also apply to Fry's in
other parts of the country though)