[mythtv-users] MythWeb - Problem Loading Pages

Tom Dale tdmyth at yahoo.com
Thu May 18 22:28:40 UTC 2006

I’m having a problem with MythWeb and I don’t know how to debug it.  I’m running MythTV version 0.19 on FC4 (by way of Mythdora 2.1).  The hardware is an ASUS P4R800VM with Celeron 2.1GHz, 512MB RAM and a Hauppage 250.  This is a frontend / backend combined.  During the first three weeks of this installation, there were no problems accessing the box via web browser.  Two weeks ago, we set up httpd security as described in the .htaccess file and everything seemed to work.  We ran some tests during the next week, accessing from LAN and WAN without errors.  Then I left town…  :-)

  The first day that I was gone, I tried to access the box remotely and experienced the problem which still persists today.  I get the login screen immediately.  Once I log in successfully, it takes about four *minutes* to serve up a page that has some MythWeb search parameters and some graphics placeholders arranged down the left side.  The page is plain white with black text and a search box.  The hyperlinks usually found across the top of the page are at the bottom (e.g. Listings, Backend Status, etc).  These are blue and are accessible; however, if I click on any of them, the system takes about twenty seconds before indicating that “The Page Cannot Be Displayed.”

  I tried looking for clues by logging in via SSH (with GPG), and I had no difficulty accessing the box by terminal.  I could not find anything suspicious in the logs, but I am quite new to linux, so I don’t really know where to look or what to look for.  I stopped httpd and restarted it and I observed absolutely no improvement.  We’ve chosen not to reboot the system yet in case there are some diagnostics or clues to run down first.  My brother has verified this week that the problem exists from within the LAN, too.  Meanwhile, the backend continues to record (according to my brother).

  I’m loving MythTV and I am sloooowly learning linux.  My biggest frustration is that I never know where to look for clues to solve my problems.  I’m afraid that if I just reboot, the problem will go away for a short time and then come back or not go away at all.

  Can anyone help us out?  What else can I post to help you help us?  Thanks for your assistance, fellow MythTV users!