[mythtv-users] No intial sound - changing channels wakes it up!

Dan Wilga mythtv-users at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Thu May 18 13:10:15 UTC 2006

I've been running into this problem since I first started using
MythTV a year an-a-half ago. It happens much less often with later
versions, but does still occur. It's almost always when viewing live
TV, but occasionally it happens even when watching recordings.

Instead of returning back to the main menu to try again, I find that
skipping back/forward a couple of times usually clears the problem.