[mythtv-users] Changing channels through firewire on SA3250HD

Allan Wilson allanwilson at gmail.com
Thu May 18 02:50:59 UTC 2006

On 5/17/06, matt mead <m-mythtv at goof.com> wrote:

> Allan Wilson wrote:
> > Thanks for all the help Matt you have been hanging with me through this
> > entire ordeal. I didn't apply the patch because I don't really know the
> > correct way to do this. I found the patch I think:
>
> [snip]
>
> > But how do I go in and make the changes to you fix the differences
> > manually or can you somehow apply this to the source code? Thanks for
> > all the help. I'll give it a try in an hour or two if I can figure out
> > how to do it.
>
> From mythtv root
> cd contrib/channel_changers
> patch -p0 <file_patch_is_stored_in
> make
> (if all goes well)
> cp sa3250ch /usr/local/bin (or wherever you want it installed and
> configured it
> within the mythtv-setup program).
>

> -matt
>
> --
> matt mead
>
> http://collectivity.goof.com/

Okay thanks matt we are making some progress. I ended up applying your patch
and it did not make a difference. I then spent some time looking at the code
and noticed that what was catching me was basically just making sure
everything was working correctly. Long story short I ended up commenting out
that check and I am now changing the channel running the command manually. I
commented this section in the code:
/*
   if (device = -1) {
        fprintf(stderr, "Could not find SA3250HD on the 1394 bus.\n");
        raw1394_destroy_handle(handle);
        exit(1);
   }
*/
 and I created a diff file that someone could use to patch if I created it
correctly:
32,33c32,33
< #define SA3250HD_VENDOR_ID    0x00001692
< #define SA3250HD_MODEL_ID     0x00000000
---
> #define SA3250HD_VENDOR_ID    0x000011e6
> #define SA3250HD_MODEL_ID     0x00000be0
112c112
< /*
---

118c118
< */
---

124d123
<    /* MCM
126,127d124
<    */
<    cmd[1] 136,137d132
<    cmd[1] <    cmd[2]  Okay now to see if I can change channels okay inside of Myth. By the way
does anyone know hot to limit the firewire port to only certain channels. I
limited it on the zap2it guide but it looks like it still pulled all the
channels.

Allan