[mythtv-users] coax vs. composite

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed May 17 22:00:44 EDT 2006

On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 09:34:42PM -0600, Brian Wood wrote:
> > Cause that's what we *accuse* news organizations of.  :-)
>
> Well they *do* get their broadcast licenses from the government :-)

Yeah, and they use them a lot more effectively than they used to.

Sometimes.

> >> I agree, and seeing where you are from you probably know that WSVN is
> >> one of the worst offenders.
> >
> > They're not local; Orlando?
>
> Miami, but I was under the impression that they got a pretty wide
> distribution throughout Florida, perhaps not. I think they originated
> the "If it bleeds it leads" philosophy.

Naw; we're 400 miles from Miami.

In my market, it's ABC Action News (a neat way of not calling yourself
Channel 28, since both markets' cable systems have you on channel 11
for the obvlivious raisins) that has the overly sensational newscast.

I stick with WFLA's Bob Hite, who was the anchor when I got here in
'81, and is just as nice a guy off camera as he is on.

Unlike his 5a/5p counterpart, Bill Ratliff, who is reputed to be a cast
iron son of a bitch when the tally light goes out.

Cheers,
-- jra