[mythtv-users] Window placement

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed May 17 18:22:16 EDT 2006

On 05/15/2006 01:06 PM, Greg Stark wrote:

>What controls where the playback window is placed on the computer screen? I
>tried finding it in the source but I couldn't find it: I'm not sure what level
>of abstraction I should be looking at.
>
>I'm asking because I'm getting a geometry of 1600x1200-1-1 and that -1-1 is
>causing the window manager window border to appear on the right and bottom
>edge of the monitor. If I move the window to +0+0 then there are no borders at
>all.

In frontend settings on page "Screen settings" in the "Appearance"
section, you'll find the controls for "GUI width", "GUI height", "GUI X
offset", and "GUI Y offset".  If you set height/width to 0, you'll get
full height/width.

There's also a "Use GUI size for TV playback" checkbox on the same page
that, if checked, could cause exactly the issue you're seeing.

Mike