[mythtv-users] Cannot get XVMC to work?

Timothy Braje tbraje at myvest.com
Wed May 17 21:31:55 UTC 2006

Nate Carlson wrote:
> On Wed, 17 May 2006, Tom Lichti wrote:
>
>>I get that message as well, do you get anything on the screen, or does
>>it just stay blank?
>

> Got past this problem.  :)
>
> Turned on 'all' debugging, and found out that I needed to:
>
> ln -s /etc/X11/XvMCConfig /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XvMCConfig
>
> XvMC is now beautiful. The only problem is that when the OSD pops up, the
> playback stops! Any ideas on that one?

I have just recently noticed this.  I am running an AMD64 3200+ system
(HDTV), with XvMC working.  When there is no OSD, the CPU usage is ~30%.
  When the OSD is displayed, it climbs to essentially 100%.  All CPU is
being taken up by the mythfrontend process.  Also, presumably becuase of
the high load on the system, I noticed that the sound gets crackly for
me, though the video doesn't stop (it does stutter a bit, though).  I am
going to run further tests tonight, and will post if I discover anything.

Tim