[mythtv-users] mythtv installation errors out with "Missing dependency"

Bruce Bales bbales at cox.net
Wed May 17 21:12:15 UTC 2006

When I try to install mythtv-suite with yum into my Fedora 3 system, I get
a missing dependency error, which stops the installation.

Error: Missing Dependency: qt = 1:3.3.4-0.fc3.0 is needed by package
qt-MySQL

My system has another version of qt  (qt-3.3.5-11.4.fc3.kde) as shown by
rpm -q qt.  I have been unsuccessful in trying to find an rpm for the
version of qt that is apparently needed by qt-MySQL and I can't find
anything in the archives that is any help.

Thanks in advance for any help,
bruce