[mythtv-users] transcode then "watch recordings"

john sturgeon john.sturgeon at gmail.com
Wed May 17 18:53:51 UTC 2006

On 5/17/06, Michael J Paradowski <michael.paradowski at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've used mencoder to convert a mythtv-0.19 .mpeg (dvb) to xvid (avi). I
> intend to automate this by setting the script up as a "user job". Is there a
> way to have mythtv keep the recording details in the "Watch Recordings"
> menu?
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
> Michael

Hey Michael,

This should not be a problem.  All you have to do is move the
transcoded file back over the original file and run mythcommflag
--rebuild (to rebuild the seek table).  Why don't you simply use
mythtranscode?  I have found, with 0.19, it works quite well on dvb
MPEG2-TS files.

--
John Sturgeon <><
http://www.myhdbox.com/