[mythtv-users] Which DVB-C card for MythTV in Germany?

Niels Dybdahl Niels at Dybdahl.dk
Wed May 17 12:51:30 UTC 2006

On 5/17/06, Thomas Börkel <thomas at boerkel.de> wrote:

> HI!
>
> Niels Dybdahl wrote:
>
> > I do not have experience with DVB-C cards, but I have good experience
> > with Hauppauge Nova-S (DVB-S) and Nova-T (DVB-T), so I guess that a
> > Nova-C would be ok.
>
> Hmm, there is no Nova-C on the Hauppauge web site.

You are right. Apparently Hauppauge has the Nexus-CA for cable:
http://www.hauppauge.de/pages/products/data_nexus-ca.html
But I have no idea how well it works with MythTV.

>     Is it possible to run side by side with the PVR-x50 cards/ivtv with
> this
> >     Kernel version?
> >

> > Yes. I have set up a system running with one PVR-150, one Nova-T and two
> > Nova-S.
>
> Any special things to look for or a how-to available?

I used the guides on http://www.ethics-gradient.net/myth/mythdvb.html and
http://www.netherwood.me.uk/mythtv/
The DVB cards use the linuxtv drivers, so a good point to start could be
http://linuxtv.org/wiki, which has a nice list of supported cards:
http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/PCI_devices_DVB-C

Niels Dybdahl

Thanks!