[mythtv-users] Sound Syncronization Problems in Recording Playback ONLY

Douglas Wagner douglasw0 at gmail.com
Tue May 16 20:02:29 EDT 2006

Just tried it, fast forward, rewind, pause, play etc.  All useless.

Commersials are synced up perfectly, the tv show is not.  This used to
work.  Settings are the same.  I've not upgraded or changed anything since I
started this project.

Noticed I forgot to include anything related to my sound setup:

First, i'm using "ALSA:default" for the device and "default" for the mixer,
I tried setting device to /dev/dsp and I get the same thing...thinking about
it, it wouldn't have anything to do with the device would it?

Again, sound is perfectly synced up via live TV watching, and externally in
Xine, so is this an MPlayer problem?

This isn't making alot of sense to me: There are no errors being spit out by
mythfrontend, the actual stream (mpeg) is synced up through an external
player, even if I use MPlayer externally I get synced audio and video (there
might be a 1/10th second delay but it's practically unnoticeable unless
you're looking for it..and even then i'm unsure).

It's something DIRECTLY related to MythTV playing back recorded content.
Pretty much any other method of playing video (whether live or externally)
works flawlessly.

What do you guys need to see to help me with this?  .asoundrc?  Cuts from my
logs or settings?  Anyone have ANY clue what might be going on?

--Doug