[mythtv-users] Digital Television In US

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue May 16 15:43:04 EDT 2006

On May 16, 2006, at 1:35 PM, Cole Brodine wrote:

> I think it depends on where you live.  In Nebraska you are at the
> mercy of the local cable company or satellite.  I haven't found any
> stations around here that are digital.

Howdy (almost) neighbor.

In Cheyenne we just got our second digital transmitter on the air.

I can't call it HD, because the local Fox affiliate is just
transmitting its normal SD programming digitally (and from the looks
of it they are converting it locally and poorly).

This, of course, does not stop the salesman at the local Circuit City
from showing a potential customer the "far superior HD programming",
while pointing to the converted SD on the screen.

The real killer is that the customer was oohing and aahing, and
probably bought a set on the basis of the presentation.

Oh well, if they're happy ...