[mythtv-users] New installation, choppy video (not DMA) help request

Dan danspam at envy.themanium.net
Tue May 16 14:58:02 EDT 2006

On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 12:49:03PM -0600, James C. Dastrup wrote:

> >Maybe ATI cards under Linux just can't handle 1080?  I don't know.
> >

> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Configuring_HDTV#Hardware_2

That wiki page seems to indicate that my setup should work.  X800PE
is higher end than the 9600, I am fairly sure.  It is more recent.

I was thinking that maybe there is just a problem with the highest
resolution output that people don't run across much.

Whatever I seem to do, X always takes up ~50% on 1080 output. (so far).