[mythtv-users] qt-mysql problem at install

Bruce Bales bbales at cox.net
Tue May 16 11:29:05 EDT 2006

On installing mythtv using yum, the installation errored out with:
--> Processing Dependency: qt = 1:3.3.4-0.fc3.0 for package: qt-MySQL
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: qt = 1:3.3.4-0.fc3.0 is needed by package
qt-MySQL

I have a later version of qt as shown by:
[bruce at blacky yum.repos.d]$ rpm -q qt
qt-3.3.5-11.4.fc3.kde

I can't seem to find a qt that is exactly like the one that qt-mysql seems
to want.  Is it possible that a symbolic link could do any good and if so
where would I put it?

Or where can I find the version of qt needed?

Using Fedora core 3.  I also have mysql-3.23.58-16.FC3.1 installed for
another database if that matters.
bruce