[mythtv-users] Xv output with fglrx 8.24.8

matt mead m-mythtv at goof.com
Tue May 16 08:26:22 EDT 2006

Jonathan Rogers wrote:
> matt mead wrote:
>> Know of any way to get this thing to scale without the pink bar?

> Don't quote me on it, but I think the pink bar is the area of the video
> overlay buffer that can't be used or doesn't exist. That is, the issue
> isn't scaling, but the video plane itself. It may be that the 9000
> simply doesn't have a big enough video overlay. Try setting the video
> mode to 640x480 or 800x600 or something and playing the 1080i video. I
> think you'll still see the pink bar, scaled down to fit the screen.

I haven't tried with mplayer, but the condition is very similar to my "Mad Dog
Multimedia FX5200."  If I try to scale certain 1080i streams with it using XV,
they are shifted right and not scaled.  I used mplayer to prescale before XV is
used and the behavior starts around a width of 1620.

Again, I've not done similar diagnosis with the ATI R200.  My guess is the only
option for me on this one is to cook up a user job that will duplicate the show
in the database and do a resize/transcode.

-matt

--
matt mead

http://collectivity.goof.com/