[mythtv-users] tvgrabber.pl

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon May 15 23:50:48 EDT 2006

On 5/15/06, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:
> Is anyone using this? I can't make head nor tail of the parameters and it
> looks like the script can't work out the tv.com responses!!
>
> I'm using version 0.8 and the help says:
>         filename format must be in:
>         episode.title.format.s01e01.blah.avi
>         or
>         episode.title.format.101.blah.avi
>
> Episode - is this the name of the episode eg. 'The Train Job' or is it the
> number of it eg. 02
>
> Title - is this the name of the series eg. 'Firefly' or is it the title of
> the episode eg. 'The Train Job'
>
> Format - is this Divx or 720x576 or Single Def. What does format mean
> here? Are we talking about the codec, the size or the resolution. Or
> something else entirely
>
> s01e01 - that makes sense!!
>
> blah - free format I assume?
>
> So I tried this (it at least got a response from tv.com) but nowt!
>
> ./tvgrabber-0.8.pl -t -v Firefly.s01e02.avi
> (V1) Verbose Level 1
> (TT) Test Mode On
> (V1) Input filename:
> (V1) Filename: Firefly.s01e02.avi
> (V1) Parseing input filename: Firefly.s01e02.avi
> (V1) Show name is S00E00 format
> (V1) Show Name: Firefly, Season: 1 Episode: 2,
> (V1) Serching for Firefly
> Show:
> Network: ""
> Season: 1
> Episode: 1
> FakeEp: 1
> Title:
> First aired: /  /
> Director:
> Plot:
>
> UserRating:
> Record Group:Default
> Play Group:Default
> Runtime:
> Airtime:::00
> Endtime::00:00
> Writers:
> Category:
> Do you want to add this to the Myth Database? (y/n)
>
> Can't help but think I'm missing something here....

filename format. It basically takes the filename uses some filtering
to guess the show name and episode information, then looks through
tv.com.

Though I think right now its broken, tv.com's web page format has
changed. I plan on converting it to tvrage.com which doesn't seem to
care if you scrape and has a cleaner html anyway. I just haven't had
the time with my new job and being in the middle of moving.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!