[mythtv-users] mythtv SVN, and xorg w/ dual DISPLAYs (not twinview) questions

Gary Dezern gary at garyndenise.org
Mon May 15 22:04:26 EDT 2006

First, I'm started to get interested in running one of the more recent
SVN versions of mythtv - for the newer XvMC stuff I see being
committed.  (This would be on an nvidia 5200.)  Does anyone have a
suggested revision that is "mostly stable."?

Second - I read somewhere (on this list, I think) about a person running
X with two displays on their 5200 card, but rather than configuring them
with twinview, they did something so that each monitor was a seperate X
"display."  In other words, they have a DVI display attached to the
nv5200 as well as a CRT monitor.  When mythfrontend starts, it gets the
DVI (DFP) monitor (:1), and then a separate X is started on the CRT
(:0).  Anyway, I'm thinking about trying that out, but I can't seem to
find the original information on it.  An xorg sample would be great.
Are there any limitations as far as XvMC with that type of configuration?

Thanks
Gary