[mythtv-users] Dual mode front ends?

Schlaegel vthtym0505 at schlaegel.com
Mon May 15 19:52:37 EDT 2006

On 5/15/06, Craig Lovold <craig at lovolds.com> wrote:
> Has anyone tried to make a simplified theme for real end users like my
> wife or kids?

I found the stock menu bulky and unintuitive so I made my own menu
theme. I made a directory in '/usr/share/mythtv/themes/' and in there
made custom versions of the 'mainmenu.xml', 'main_settings.xml', and
'manage_recordings.xml' files.

...and yes, my wife likes the menus also.

PS
I would really like to remove the setup menu item and just have it
mapped to a button on the remote, but I don't see a way to configure
it as a jump point, so the menu item remains.