[mythtv-users] My experience with HD video and the Nvidia 6200TC

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Mon May 15 15:14:03 EDT 2006

Lee Koloszyc wrote:
> Jonathan Rogers wrote:
>>
>> I've also tried a Radeon 9000 with the "radeon" driver because it is
>> fanless, but it performed much worse and has a pink bar on the right
>> side of a 1080i video. I'm hoping to find a card that's slightly better
>> than the 8500 without a fan that will still work with the X.org driver
>> and will use somewhat less CPU time.
>>
>> Jonathan Rogers
>>
> I run a Radeon 9250 and it has the pink bar.  This weekend I finally got
> around to installing linux (dual-boot) on my laptop. After installing
> mythfrontend I was surprised to see no pink bar on 1080i programs with
> it's Mobility 9600.

Yeah, I failed to research the Radeon 9000 before I bought it; it's
inferior to the 8500. The 9250 is very similar to the 9000 I believe. I
should have read the following page before buying. It doesn't talk about
limitations of the video overlay, but it does talk about relative
performance.

<URL:http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/ATIRadeon>

Jonathan Rogers