[mythtv-users] mythmusic and spdif not working

Bert Haverkamp bert at bertenselena.net
Mon May 15 15:00:45 EDT 2006

Hello all,

Last weekend I started playing with my new receiver JVC RX-E12. Goal was to
connect it via
an optical cable to my mythtv centre.
I configured ALSA via /etc/asound.conf:
pcm.!default {
     type plug
     slave {
          pcm "spdif"
          rate 48000
          format S16_LE
     }
}
ctl.!default {
     type hw
     card 0
}

The problem is that mythmusic doesn't respond well to this. Almost all mp3s
play very fast (about 10 sec per song, barely recognizable like skipping
through it very fast). Only songs with 48khz sampling rate seem to play
fine.  Playing with for instance mpg321 is fine for all mp3s. My setup is:
shuttle ST62K. soundchip atiixp, debian testing and mythtv/mythmusic 0.19.
Can anyone give me a pointer on how to get this going?

Related question: How can I get 5.1 working? speaker-test -c6 only gives me
2 channels. xine also doesn't add much more..

Regards,

Bert Haverkamp