[mythtv-users] New installation, choppy video (not DMA) help request

Dan danspam at envy.themanium.net
Mon May 15 14:57:21 EDT 2006

On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 01:41:33PM -0400, Steven Adeff wrote:

> check your xorg log in /var/log and it will tell you what driver its
> using. You can also check the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file to see what
> driver you asking it to use.
>
> xvinfo should work via ssh to tell you the Xv status, you may have to
> pass a arguement for the display to check, which would most likely be
> ":0.0"

I appear to be using "radeon" driver.  The state of ATI drivers for linux
seems to be quite fragmented.  Do the fglrx drivers support tv-out?  Would
using the "wrong" driver possibly account for the behavior I'm seeing?

I am not really clear on how to change drivers, but I will give it a try
tonight.  Output from "xvinfo" is at http://gtf.org/dan/xvinfo.txt.