[mythtv-users] U.S. SCHED ALERT: Pres. at 8pm, don't rely on zap2it?

Peter Watkins peterw at tux.org
Mon May 15 10:50:38 EDT 2006

On Sun, May 14, 2006 at 07:57:37PM -0400, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Nedim Cholich writes:

> > It already adjusted mine. I have Prison Break recoring which usually goes
> > from 8 to 9 but for tomorrow it's 8:20! Gotta love MythTV! My old DishPVR
> > would have recorder 40 minutes of the show and 20 of the other thing.
>
> Ah -- that must be because you have the whole series set to record. So, Myth
> found that the show's old channel/starting time event was deleted, but
> there's a new channel/starting time event, so it got start.
>
> So, if you have the whole series flagged to be recorded -- you're ok, but if
> you scheduled only a single show to be recorded, it would likely get
> dropped.

I fear that's not true, unfortunately.

As of this morning, zap2it still seems to think that ABC, CBS, and PBS
won't be covering the Presidential address (although it shows Fox and NBC
going along with the White House). I could *almost* imagine CBS favoring
season finales over a President whose poll numbers are so bad, but PBS
skipping a live Presidential address? Oprah Winfrey allowing ABC to show
taped highlights of one of her events instead of POTUS live? Unbelievable.

I think this is a good time to set the "record after" options for any
Monday night shows you have on PBS and major US networks just in case
zap2it's data isn't updated at all, or isn't updated soon enough for
your mythfilldatabase runs to save your schedules.

Many thanks to Jay for the heads-up.

-Peter

-Peter