[mythtv-users] New installation, choppy video (not DMA) help request

Dan danspam at envy.themanium.net
Mon May 15 10:17:55 EDT 2006

Hello all,

I've been working on a MythDora machine for a few weeks now, in several
hour increments.  I have a system that seems to be working, but HDTV
playack performance is poor.  This includes watching "live" TV.  I get
very high CPU usage from X and mythfrontend (50% each) in top.  The video
and audio both have noticeable (but not extreme) chop.  I have checked the
FAQ lists that I could find, and don't see any help so far.  This is the
system info that I can guess might be relevant

MSI K8N Neo2 platinum MB
AMD Athlon64 3200+
1G RAM
40G IDE drive (DMA enabled and verified)
ATI Radeon X850PE
Fusion HDTV3-(gold, I think, 'dmesg | grep -i' dvb below:)
--
cx2388x dvb driver version 0.0.5 loaded
cx88[0]/2: cx2388x based dvb card

I am sure that there are other relevant details to provide, but I do not
yet know what they are.  I checked the archives for a "how to ask for help"
posting, but didn't find it.  My apologies if there is standard info
that I have not provided above.

Any suggestions on what to check or where to look next would be most
appreciated.

Thanks-