[mythtv-users] No Sound on Reboot

Jonathan Smith jonathanlsmith at gmail.com
Sun May 14 07:51:26 EDT 2006

I forgot to mention that kernel version 2.6.15 works fine.  Checking
my settings via alsamixer, sound is not muted.  I already have the
alsactl restore setup in my startup per Jarod's guide to no avail.  I
have 2 sound cards but only use the Sound Blaster Audigy card for
myth.  I was thinking about downloading and reinstalling the ALSA
drivers manually.

There is one entry from dmesg that seems to be sound related, I did a
seach for this error and it seems to be quite common, but no
resolution from what I can tell.  Ill continue to search...

snd: no version for "struct_module" found: kernel tainted.

Here are my sound related entries.

alias snd-card-0 snd-emu10k1
options snd-card-0 index=0
#
install snd-emu10k1 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-emu10k1 &&
/usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
remove snd-emu10k1 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; };
/sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-emu10k1
#
alias snd-card-1 snd-intel8x0
options snd-card-1 index=1
install snd-intel8x0 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-intel8x0 &&
/usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
remove snd-intel8x0 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ;
}; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-intel8x0

Anymore suggestions would be appreciated.